Friday, May 7, 2010

Goodbyes

















So it comes to an end. Last night we said goodbye to a good friend and someone I’ve had the honor to play music with on and off for the past 12 years really. All the way back from a High School Orchestra sit in and other oddities, to the past three years playing in dives, bars, clubs, and even some festivals. Some great shows, some forgetful ones, some epic ones, some strange ones, but we always had some great parties.


As I’ve learned in recent years, some things can end very anti-climatically. We played a good set. But, the owner didn’t think his club was set for live music. So, the plug got pulled early after the second set and we walked away. Bummer. At least we got to entertain some Marines who just got home and we were able to say “thank you” to them and their service. (Between you and me, my amp was on 0.1 all night till the last song. Then I said “Fuck It,” and cranked it to 11.)

We ended up back at the pad sipping on Permafrost, eating pizza, and laughing. Then we all said our goodbyes, hugged and that was it. Good luck in D.C. Chad, you’re one of the finest Bassist I’ve played with. (And I’ve played with quite a few.)

No comments:

Post a Comment