Thursday, October 6, 2022

Lum's Gone Country!?!?

 

 

Well, here it is. 12 tracks of a genre I never thought I’d record. Well kind of one genre. Really Americana I guess. But there is some genre bending with some heavy stuff, funk and even hip hop.  Took me years to appreciate country music and basically a lot of digging around in the past dusting some stuff off. I think I came up with my own take on it, although far from traditional. I really wanted an excuse to call up old band mates as well as current and new ones, to make a kind of time capsule of a bunch of people who I’ve enjoyed playing with over the years. There are even some family contributions as well. If you weren’t on this one I hope I can catch you again in the future. This really was challenging and fun to make (even if I was getting obsessive about it). I think I needed this. Big thanks to all of the players on here. Couldn’t have done it without you! Really!  Sorry this blog has been quite this year.  I do have tons of pedal stuff backed up to get to.  I've just been in the studio a lot, which is a good thing.  I'll try to get back to it soon. 

Peace and Love

~Lum


No comments:

Post a Comment